Sections: Hop on Pop (Fall 2020 SC-101-I)

SIMPSON COLLOQUIUM 101-I Hop on Pop
Have you ever thought about how the stories you read and loved during childhood have affected your identity, interests, and ways of seeing the world? Do you remember what happened when they gave that moose the muffin? Or how happy you were when Stella Luna got safely home to her mother? Or just how hungry was that caterpillar? This course focuses on the vital role that stories play in growth and development of children and, yes, even adults! The characters we read about often become like friends and the story lines draw us back again and again as we discover new meanings. In this course, you will look at the children's books of your youth to see what life lessons you learned and how those lessons may have changed now that you are an adult. Through the use of children's books, we will explore and identify your physical, intellectual, emotional, and social stressors to create a balanced approach to reducing and managing stress as well as a multitude of other life lessons. (CRITTHNK, WRITCOM)

Section Name: SC-101-I
Departments: Simpson Colloquium
Prerequisites:
Academic Level: Undergraduate
Course Type:
CRITTHNK, WRITCOM

Credits: 4
CEUs:
Comments:  
Books: Click here for prices of required textbook(s) and supplies